You may remember we posted an Apple Strudel recipe, using Weight Watchers Wraps, earlier on this year, and with the Festive period fast approaching we were asked by Lo-Dough to try this Lo-Dough Christmas Strudel.
With Lo-Dough working out at 2 Syns per piece, it’s another more Slimming World friendly option than the traditional version using filo pastry and lots of butter.
You will of course still have to Syn the cooked fruit, which brings the total Syns to around 3 per portion (2.75 rounded up).
There should be enough for 6 smaller portions, in which case it will work out at 2 Syns per portion.
This skinny Lo-Dough Christmas Strudel is relatively easy to make, with the only tricky bit possibly being the rolling, but if you treat like a Swiss roll, you should be fine.
You’ll need 2 or 3 pieces of Lo-Dough, depending on how big you want to make it.
We’ve calculated the Syns using 3 pieces, but if you only use 2 pieces you can knock off a couple of Syns from the total Syn count.
You can find our recipe for a Lo-Dough Breakfast Pizza here!
You can use any flavour of Skinny Syrup in this recipe, but Cinnamon and Vanilla, Pumpkin and Caramel or Salted Caramel flavoured Skinny Syrups all work particularly well.
You can pick some Skinny Syrups up from Protein Food Shop and Amazon.
You can buy Lo-Dough from the Lo-Dough website!
Lo-Dough Christmas Strudel | Slimming World
Please don't take a screenshot. These recipes are updated often!
if you get a blank screen when printing, please open the website in a browser & not the facebook app.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C
- Using the rolling pin, roll your three (or 2) pieces of Lo-Dough. You’ll want to roll each piece of Lo-Dough directly on top of each other so that each piece of Lo-Dough covers the next one, as demonstrated in this photo
- Place your figs, berries, apples, pear, cinnamon and nutmeg into a saucepan with the Skinny Syrup and cook on a medium heat for approx 10-15 minutes or until soft
- Once cooked, spoon the mixture directly into the centre of the Lo-Dough fold, leaving enough space to fold the sides over
- Roll the Lo-Dough as though you’re making a swiss roll and then fold and tuck the ends
- Spray with buttery flavoured Frylight (or beaten egg if you prefer)
- Pop the strudel into an ovenproof dish, and place in the centre of the oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and piping hot in the middle
- Mix the Quark with Skinny Syrup and nutmeg together thoroughly in a bowl and treat yourself to a cool dollop with your Strudel.
If you make this recipe, snap a pic and hashtag it #pinchofnom — We love to see your creations on Instagram, Facebook, & Twitter!
Syn values given are correct at time of writing but may not always be accurate.
This website is UNOFFICIAL and in NO WAY part of or representative of Slimming World.
We aren’t trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice. Any advice given here should not replace the advice of your Slimming World consultant.
Ideally, you should check with Slimming world for the most up to date Syn values using official resources such as; the Syns calculator, Syns Online on LifelineOnline or by calling the Syns Hotline on (0906) 851 8518.
Although pinchofnom.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe. Under no circumstances will pinchofnom.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information.
We kindly ask that you share this recipe via the share buttons and not via screenshots.
As our recipes change often in accordance with syn value changes, we want to ensure that they're as accurate as possible at all times.
If you use or re-create our recipes we kindly ask:
- That you credit us by not only screenshot but linking to our original recipe post
- You don't reproduce the recipe in full
Pre-Order Our Cookbook Now!
We’ve been squirrelling away doing squirelly things behind the scenes and can finally announce that our very first cookbook is available for pre-order!!
The book will feature 100 recipes – around 80 of them BRAND NEW and not available anywhere else. Full colour photographs, hardback, a quality book that will stand up to frequent use!
Each recipe has been taste tested by twenty members of the Pinch of Nom community to ensure that they are amazing.
The book will be released on the 21st March 2019, and if you pre order now you won’t be charged until it’s released.
Check out our cookbook page for more information!