For the full list of ingredients and comprehensive instructions, please see the recipe card at the end of this post. Before you scroll, there’s important stuff in the blurb 👍
Whenever we need to replace oil in cooking we use Frylight. Perfect for everyday frying and cooking, it delivers exactly one calorie per spray, which makes it Syn free! The Rapeseed or Olive Oil flavours are ideal for this Syn Free Mexican Pulled Beef recipe.
Pre-Order Our Cookbook Now!
We’ve been squirrelling away doing squirelly things behind the scenes and can finally announce that our very first cookbook is available for pre-order!!
The book will feature 100 recipes – around 80 of them BRAND NEW and not available anywhere else. Full colour photographs, hardback, a quality book that will stand up to frequent use!
Each recipe has been taste tested by twenty members of the Pinch of Nom community to ensure that they are amazing.
The book will be released on the 21st March 2019, and if you pre order now you won’t be charged until it’s released.
Check out our cookbook page for more information!
Mexican Pulled Beef- copy
Please don't take a screenshot. These recipes are updated often!
if you get a blank screen when printing, please open the website in a browser & not the facebook app.
- Finely chop or mince the garlic clove
- Chop the beef into chunks if it's not diced already and place in bag/bowl
- Add lime juice, salt, black pepper, sugar & hot sauce to the bag/bowl and mix well
- Cover/seal and place in fridge for a minimum of 3 hours. For best results leave overnight.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl & mix well
- Place in a jar/bag & seal well
Sauce (Instant Pot - slow cook)
- Set Instant Pot to saute & add 4 or 5 sprays of low calorie cooking spray
- When oil is hot enough, add the marinaded beef & chopped brown onion making sure to stir frequently
- Once beef has browned add in chopped tomatoes, Mexicana Spice mix & beef stock and allow to simmer for approx 5 minutes
- Set slow cooker timer for 5 hours & place on lid
- With an hour to go add in the chopped pepper, spring onions & courgette
- Enjoy with some rice or even some lettuce wraps!
If you make this recipe, snap a pic and hashtag it #pinchofnom — We love to see your creations on Instagram, Facebook, & Twitter!
This recipe can be frozen, but please remember to do the following;
- Freeze it as soon as it is cold enough.
- Use a container or bag that is suitable for freezing.
- Defrost thoroughly before reheating (you can use the defrost setting on your microwave.)
- Make sure it is piping hot all the way through before serving.
Syn values given are correct at time of writing but may not always be accurate.
This website is UNOFFICIAL and in NO WAY part of or representative of Slimming World.
We aren’t trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice. Any advice given here should not replace the advice of your Slimming World consultant.
Ideally, you should check with Slimming world for the most up to date Syn values using official resources such as; the Syns calculator, Syns Online on LifelineOnline or by calling the Syns Hotline on (0906) 851 8518.
Although pinchofnom.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe. Under no circumstances will pinchofnom.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information.
We kindly ask that you share this recipe via the share buttons and not via screenshots.
As our recipes change often in accordance with syn value changes, we want to ensure that they're as accurate as possible at all times.
If you use or re-create our recipes we kindly ask:
- That you credit us by not only screenshot but linking to our original recipe post
- You don't reproduce the recipe in full