Creamy Chicken Curry
This simple, Creamy Chicken Curry is a comforting, slimming friendly meal whether you're counting calories or following a diet plan like Weight Watchers.
For the full list of ingredients and comprehensive instructions, please see the recipe card below. Before you scroll, there’s important stuff in the blurb!
This Creamy Chicken Curry is not quite as creamy as a korma but has a richness that you wouldn’t get from a normal, tomato based curry.
We’ve got a whole heap of Indian Fakeaway recipes – why not try some more recipes?!
What diets is this Creamy Chicken Curry suitable for?
This recipe is suitable if you’re gluten free as long as you swap out the following ingredients for gluten free versions;
- Stock cubes
Please make sure to double or triple check all of your ingredients if you’re cooking for people with allergies.
How Weight Watchers friendly is this Creamy Chicken Curry?
- You need to count 4 Points per portion of this Creamy Chicken Curry recipe if you’re on WW Green.
- You need to count 1 Point per portion of this Creamy Chicken Curry recipe if you’re on WW Blue.
- You need to count 1 Point per portion of this Creamy Chicken Curry recipe if you’re on WW Purple.
This tasty curry is packed full of flavours and has just 1 Point per portion! That leaves you with loads of Points to enjoy a tasty accompaniment!
Do you need any special ingredients to make Creamy Chicken Curry?
This post contains affiliate links. Find out what this means.
You’ll probably have most of the ingredients for this recipe in your cupboards already – it’s really simple to make!
We use chicken in this recipe, but you can use what ever meat you want. Why not try beef, lamb, turkey or even prawns.
This Creamy Chicken Curry is a great way of using up whatever vegetables you have, anything will work!
This post contains affiliate links: what this means
We like to serve this Creamy Chicken Curry in some balti dishes – they make it really easy to portion and serve a dish, and have the added bonus of looking really pretty too! You can pick these up over on Amazon!
Spray a large pan with low calorie cooking spray and heat.
Add onion, chilli, ginger and garlic and cook on a medium heat for a few minutes, until the onion starts to soften.
Add the salt, chopped coriander, turmeric and garam masala and cook for another couple of minutes.
Add the stock, allow to boil and simmer for a 5 minutes.
Reduce the heat to low, add the tomato paste, yoghurt and chicken, and stir well. Cover with a lid and cook for 15-20 minutes stirring regularly.
10 minutes before the end of cooking, add the chopped veg and a squeeze of lime juice.
Garnish with some more chopped coriander and serve.
What should you should serve with Creamy Chicken Curry?
Any of the following go really well with Creamy Chicken Curry. You could even cook yourself up an Indian Fakeaway feast!
Whatever accompaniment you choose, don’t forget to account for the extra calories and/or other nutritional values.
Can you cook Creamy Chicken Curry another way?
This recipe is really simple and easy to make so we’d recommend just using the method below to cook it.
How do you know when Creamy Chicken Curry is cooked?
You should cook this Creamy Chicken Curry until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear. The vegetables should be tender and the sauce reduced a little.
This should take approx 30 minutes on the hob.
Standard advice here in the UK is to cook food until it has reached 70°C and stayed at that temperature for 2 minutes. This is to keep your family safe.
How long can you keep Creamy Chicken Curry in the fridge?
Once you’ve served it, ideally you should eat this dish within 4 hours.
If you allow any left overs to cool, make sure to refrigerate in a container with a lid and chill. You can keep leftovers of curry in the fridge for approximately 3 days or so.
Can I freeze Creamy Chicken Curry?
Yes you can! This recipe can be frozen, but please remember to do the following;
- Freeze it as soon as it is cold enough.
- Use a container or bag that is suitable for freezing.
Don’t forget to add a label with what it is, and on what date you put it in the freezer!
How do I reheat Creamy Chicken Curry?
From chilled: Place in a microwave proof container with loosely fitting lid and heat for 4-7 minutes until piping hot.
From frozen: Allow to defrost, and heat covered in the microwave for 3-5 minutes then stir. Cook for a further 5-7 minutes until piping hot.
PRE-ORDER our second planner NOW!
Creamy Chicken Curry
This simple, Creamy Chicken Curry is a comforting, slimming-friendly meal whether you’re counting calories or following a diet plan like Weight Watchers.
- KCals 381
- Carbs 30G
- 4 Green
- 1 Blue
- 1 Purple
- 700 g chicken breast diced (or chicken thighs if you prefer)
- 500 g fat free greek yoghurt
- 200 g onion chopped
- 1 green chilli deseeded and chopped - you can use more if you like
- 20 g fresh ginger chopped
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 small handful of fresh coriander chopped - reserve some for garnish
- 4 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 100 ml chicken stock
- 70 g tomato puree
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 courgette diced
- 2 peppers deseeded and diced, any colour is fine
- 100 g baby corn chopped in half
- 100 g mange tout chopped in half
- 6 mushrooms chopped in half
- low calorie cooking spray
We use a fan assisted oven for all of our recipes. Click here for our oven temperature conversion guide.
Please do not screenshot this. Recipes are updated often
- Spray a large pan with low calorie cooking spray and heat.
- Add the onion, chilli, ginger and garlic, and cook on a medium heat for a few minutes, until the onion starts to soften.
- Add the salt, chopped coriander, turmeric and garam masala and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Add the stock, allow to boil and simmer for around 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the tomato paste, yoghurt and chicken. Stir well. Cover with a lid and cook for 15- 20 minutes stirring regularly.
- 10 minutes before the end of cooking, add the chopped veg and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Garnish with some more chopped coriander and serve.
LOOKING FOR SLIMMING WORLD SYNS?
We agreed with Slimming World to remove their trademarked terms from our websiteFind out why here
Love this Creamy Chicken Curry recipe? Tag us!