This Syn Free Mexican Chipotle Meatball Pizza is the best pizza to enjoy whilst following the Slimming World Diet.
A few weeks ago we saw a plethora of different versions of Syn free pizza on Facebook & Instagram – as Slimming world now class 60g of baked Aldi/Asda Wholemeal Bread Mix as your HEB. Using just 20g of Light Cheddar cheese is just 1/2 your HEA too!
Which got us thinking… What pizza flavours would make the best pizza?
We put our heads together and came up with a list of different flavour combinations, to make the humble 60g wholemeal pizza base exciting.
This was the second we thought of, continuing with the spicy theme – as we do like a bit of spice, if you want it hotter, you can certainly make it hotter.
Syn Free Mexican Chipotle Meatball Pizza Time Saving Tips
There are a few steps to making these, and they do take a while due to the proving of the dough and marinading of the chicken – but it is worth it. I promise.
Time saving tip, cook the Chicken & prep the toppings whilst your waiting for the dough to prove – it will save you a lot of time.
A Note About Weights
Slimming World do say that the 60g is of cooked dough – so you need to be careful!
We’ve experimented and cooked 65g of dough, and when baked it weighed just under 60g – so you should be ok.
Just remember this we’re not trained consultants and our advice doesn’t replace that of your consultant – be sensible!
Check out our Syn Free Tandoori Chicken Pizza, perfect with some Sweet Potato Fries. More Pizzas coming soon!
Syn Free Mexican Chipotle Meatball Pizza | Slimming World
Please don't take a screenshot. These recipes are updated often!
- Make up to packet instructions & allow 30 mins for the dough to prove. We make up the whole pack then weigh out 70g balls of dough - the ones we don't use we freeze
- Roll as thin as you can onto a piece of baking parchment - you may need to spray your rolling pin with frylight to prevent sticking
- Throw all ingredients into a pan, bring up to the heat then turn down and simmer for 30 minutes stirring often
- Once cooked attack with a stick blender, or blitz in a food processor until smooth
- Place into a sterilised jar until ready for use. Will least a week in the fridge, or you can freeze it. Perfect for batch booking
Mexican Chipotle Meatballs
- Put all meatball ingredients in a bowl and mix well
- Form into small balls & set aside in the fridge
- When the dough is proving, place on an oven tray and cook in the oven for 20 minutes until cooked. Do not put raw meatballs on your pizza!
Onion and Chive Dressing
- Mix all ingredients well & place into a food bag. Chill until ready for use. When you're ready, snip a corner off the bag and drizzle over pizza
- After you have rolled out your dough, place a small amount of tomato sauce & spread it around
- Start with your Mexican Meatballs - as little or as many as you like
- Next your peppers and onions
- Next your cheese - make sure to distribute it evenly. On top of that dot around some fresh tomato pieces
- Place some onions on the top - not too many though, you don't want them to burn
- Place in an oven pre-heated to 200°C for 12 minutes
- Remove and drizzle over the onion and chive dressing & sprinkle with torn coriander
If you make this recipe, snap a pic and hashtag it #pinchofnom — We love to see your creations on Instagram, Facebook, & Twitter!
Syn values given are correct at time of writing but may not always be accurate.
This website is unofficial and in no way part of or representative of Slimming World. We’re aren’t trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice. Should any advice given here should not replace the advice of your Slimming World consultant.
Ideally you should check with Slimming world for the most up to date Syn values using official resources such as; the Syns calculator, Syns Online on LifelineOnline or by calling the Syns Hotline on (0906) 851 8518.
Although pinchofnom.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe. Under no circumstances will pinchofnom.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information.
We kindly ask that you share this recipe via the share buttons and not via screenshots.
As our recipes change often in accordance with syn value changes, we want to ensure that they're as accurate as possible at all times.
If you use or re-create our recipes we kindly ask:
- That you credit us by not only screenshot but linking to our original recipe post
- You don't reproduce the recipe in full