For the full list of ingredients and comprehensive instructions, please see the recipe card at the end of this post. Before you scroll, there’s important stuff to know in the blurb!
This Prawn Guvech is one of our favourite Mediterranean recipes. Güveçh is the name of a variety of earthenware pots used in Turkish cuisine, and of a number of casserole/stew dishes that are cooked in them.
Meats used can include chicken, pork, lamb, or sometimes beef or fish and seafood. You can even omit these ingredients completely and replace them with vegetables such as aubergine, courgettes, potatoes and carrots. Guvech is really flexible!
Some variations also include the addition of melted cheese (mozzarella or cheddar) which is also delicious – so it’s up to you if you want to add the calories or Points etc.
What diets is this Prawn Guvech suitable for?
This Prawn Guvech recipe is suitable for gluten free diets.
It can be made vegetarian by swapping out the following ingredients for vegetarian alternatives;
- Shelled Raw King Prawns
Please make sure to double or triple check all of your ingredients if you’re cooking for people with allergies.
How Weight Watchers friendly is this Prawn Guvech recipe?
Weight Watchers’ new PersonalPoints plan calculates each individual’s Points allowance based on their unique food preferences and goals. This means we’re no longer able to offer exact WW points for our recipes.
The good news is that all of our recipes are still Weight Watchers friendly! If you have any questions about your Points budgets or you’re unsure how a certain recipe will fit into your plan, please reach out to Weight Watchers directly.
It’s super tasty and filling so you could easily serve half a portion and enjoy it with extra vegetables or a side salad!
Do you need any special ingredients to make Prawn Guvech?
You don’t need a Guvech pot to make this recipe – it can be made using your regular kitchenware!
This slimming friendly Prawn Guvech is packed full of fresh flavours and makes an amazing meal whether you’re calorie counting or following Weight Watchers!
- KCals 322
- Carbs 24G
- WW Points:
- 1 Green
- 0 Blue
- 0 Purple
- Heat the low calorie cooking spray in a pan. Cook onion and garlic until soft.
- Add peppers, mushrooms, bay leaf and chilli/red pepper flakes if you're using them. Stir for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato. The liquid from the tomatoes should barely cover the veg.
- Cover and cook for around 5 minutes.
- Stir in raw prawns. Cover and cook for 5-6 minutes. No more!
- Add the chopped parsley, and season to taste.
- Divide it into individual oven safe dishes, or you can put the whole stew in a big one. Bake at 180° C for 15 minutes.
- If you're using cheese, after 15 minutes cover with grated cheese and bake until golden brown. Otherwise just leave it cooking for another 10 minutes.
- Serve straight out of the oven with white rice.
Love this Prawn Guvech recipe? Tag us!