Smoky Ham and Pasta Soup
For the full list of ingredients and comprehensive instructions, please see the recipe card at the end of this post. Before you scroll, there’s important stuff to know in the blurb!
Our Smoky Ham and Pasta Soup was born when we were feeling a little bit under the weather and wanted some comfort food that took no effort to make. The pasta shapes give this recipe a really fun twist and will help to put a smile on your face!
We’ve used some ready prepared casserole veg in this recipe to keep things quick and easy, but if you prefer then you could also peel and chop your own vegetables. If you’re not a fan of gammon, then you can just swap this out for smoked bacon instead – easy!
This Smoky Ham and Pasta Soup can be made in a large saucepan on the hob – like we’ve done! – or you could also pop it into a slow cooker so that it’s ready and waiting when you get home from work.
What diets is this Smoky Ham and Pasta Soup suitable for?
This Smoky Ham and Pasta Soup recipe is suitable for dairy free diets.
It can be made gluten free by swapping the following ingredients out for gluten free alternatives;
- Stock cubes
Please make sure to double or triple check all of your ingredients if you’re cooking for people with allergies.
How Weight Watchers friendly is this Smoky Ham and Pasta Soup recipe?
- You need to count 5 Points per portion of this Smoky Ham and Pasta Soup recipe if you’re on WW Green.
- You need to count 5 Points per portion of this Smoky Ham and Pasta Soup recipe if you’re on WW Blue.
- You need to count 5 Points per portion of this Smoky Ham and Pasta Soup recipe if you’re on WW Purple.
Do you need any special ingredients to make this Smoky Ham and Pasta Soup?
We’ve used some ready prepared casserole vegetables which you can find in your local supermarket – you could even use frozen if you’d prefer!
The pasta shapes add a little bit of extra fun to this soup! You can also grab these from your local supermarket.
Smoky Ham and Pasta Soup
This comforting, hearty soup requires almost no effort and is perfect if you're counting calories or following a plan like Weight Watchers.
- KCals 213
- Carbs 30G
- WW Points:
- 5 Green
- 5 Blue
- 5 Purple
- Spray a large saucepan with low calorie cooking spray. Over a medium heat, fry the gammon for 2-3 minutes, until browned.
- Add the veg mix and continue cooking for 5 minutes until the onions begin to soften.
- Add the herbs and spices and stir well.
- Pour over the stock, increase the heat and bring to the boil.
- Lower the heat, cover and allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the pasta and the white wine vinegar, cover and continue to simmer for another 12-15 minutes. Larger pasta shapes will require a little extra time.
Love this Smoky Ham and Pasta Soup recipe? Tag us!