Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup
When you need a warming bowl of soup, this slimming friendly Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup is just the ticket – perfect if you're calorie counting or following a plan like Weight Watchers.
- danish blue,
- healthy eating,
- smart points,
- weight watchers,
- Batch Cook,
- Everyday Light,
- Gluten Free,
- Stews and Soups,
For the full list of ingredients and comprehensive instructions, please see the recipe card below. Before you scroll, there’s important stuff in the blurb!
This Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup is really filling and super warming, which makes it the perfect choice for when the weather starts to get cooler and the nights get longer.
We love our Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup when served with a sprinkle of Stilton or Danish Blue cheese. We think that the salty flavour of the cheese really stands out against the smooth, fresh taste of the broccoli and cauliflower and adds an extra depth to the soup. You don’t have to use cheese of course, it’s entirely optional!
This Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup is ready in no time at all and is just as good when reheated for lunch the following day and served with some warm, crusty bread – delish.
What diets is this Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup suitable for?
This Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup recipe is suitable for vegetarian diets.
It can be made gluten free as long as you swap out the following ingredients for gluten free versions;
- Vegetable stock cubes
It can also be made dairy free by omitting the following optional ingredients or swapping them out for dairy free alternatives;
- Danish Blue
Please make sure to double or triple check all of your ingredients if you’re cooking for people with allergies.
How Weight Watchers friendly is this Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup recipe?
- You need to count 2 Points per portion of this Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup recipe if you’re on WW Green.
- You need to count 2 Points per portion of this Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup recipe if you’re on WW Blue.
- You need to count 2 Points per portion of this Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup recipe if you’re on WW Purple.
Do you need any special ingredients to make Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup?
This post contains affiliate links. Find out what this means.
For the blending of this soup, we’d recommend you use a stick blender or throw it in a blender. As far as stick blenders go, you want one that’s going to last and that has a metal stick.
This post contains affiliate links: what this means
What could I serve with this Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup?
This Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup works really well when served alongside any of the following accompaniments:
How do you know when Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup is cooked?
You’ll need to cook this Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup for around 25-30 minutes or until it’s thickened and has a smooth consistency.
Standard advice here in the UK is to cook food until it has reached 70°C and stayed at that temperature for 2 minutes. This is to keep your family safe.
How long can you keep Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup in the fridge?
Once you’ve put it out, ideally you should eat it within 4 hours.
If you allow any leftovers to cool, make sure to refrigerate in a container with a lid and chill. You can keep leftovers of Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup in the fridge for approximately 3 days or so.
Can I freeze this Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup?
Yes you can! This recipe can be frozen, but please remember to do the following;
- Freeze it as soon as it is cold enough.
- Use a container or bag that is suitable for freezing.
Don’t forget to add a label with what it is, and on what date you put it in the freezer!
How do I reheat Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup?
From chilled: Place in a microwave proof container with loosely fitting lid and heat for 4-7 minutes until piping hot.
PRE-ORDER our third Cookbook NOW
Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup
When you need a warming bowl of soup, this slimming friendly Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup is just the ticket - perfect if you're calorie counting or following a plan like Weight Watchers.
- KCals 71
- Carbs 8G
- 2 Green
- 2 Blue
- 2 Purple
- ½ head cauliflower cut into florettes
- ½ head broccoli cut into florettes
- 2 vegetable stock cubes or chicken if you prefer
- 1 litre water
- ½ onion chopped roughly
- 35 g danish blue optional
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- low calorie cooking spray
We use a fan assisted oven for all of our recipes. Check out our oven temperature conversion guide.
Please do not screenshot this. Recipes are updated often
- Spray a pan with low calorie cooking spray, then sauté the onion until it starts to soften.
- Chop up the cauliflower and broccoli into florets, then add these to the pan.
- Pour in the water, then add the stock cubes.
- Bring to the boil, stir, then cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, then blitz until smooth using a stick blender.
- Check the seasoning and add a little salt and pepper if necessary. Serve on its own, or sprinkled with a little Danish Blue or Stilton.
LOOKING FOR SLIMMING WORLD SYNS?
We agreed with Slimming World to remove their trademarked terms from our websiteFind out why here
Love this Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup recipe? Tag us!