For the full list of ingredients and comprehensive instructions, please see the recipe card at the end of this post. Before you scroll, there’s important stuff to know in the blurb!
This slimming friendly Scotch Broth makes a super easy lunch or dinner and is perfect for calorie counting or plans like Weight Watchers.
As much as we love summer, we also love when the weather starts to get a bit cooler and the nights get longer, as this means it’s time to start thinking about those all important slow cooker recipes. This Scotch Broth is super easy to prepare as you can just chuck it in the slow cooker and forget about it until you’re ready.
This recipe is perfect if you’re out all day and want something filling and warming ready for when you come in after work.
In fact the hardest part of this Scotch Broth recipe is blending a couple of ladles full to thicken the broth slightly!
What diets is this Scotch Broth suitable for?
This Scotch Broth recipe is suitable for dairy free diets.
Please make sure to double or triple check all of your ingredients if you’re cooking for people with allergies.
How Weight Watchers friendly is this Scotch Broth recipe?
- You need to count 10 Points per portion of this Scotch Broth recipe if you’re on WW Green.
- You need to count 10 Points per portion of this Scotch Broth recipe if you’re on WW Blue.
- You need to count 8 Points per portion of this Scotch Broth recipe if you’re on WW Purple.
Do you need any special ingredients to make Scotch Broth?
This post contains affiliate links. Find out what this means.
If you haven’t got a slow cooker you can still make this in a pan on the stove, or you could head over to Amazon to pick one up.
The Instant Pot
What can I say about the Instant Pot? It’s like a slow cooker/pressure cooker hybrid, and it’s probably one of our favourite, and most used kitchen gadgets.
It can cook recipes like this Scotch Broth in about 30 minutes.
This slimming friendly Scotch Broth makes a super easy lunch or dinner, it’s perfect for calorie counting or plans like Weight Watchers.
- KCals 408
- Carbs 39G
- WW Points:
- 10 Green
- 10 Blue
- 8 Purple
- Dissolve the stock cubes in the boiling water.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and pour in the stock.
- Mix well then cook for 4-5 hours on high.
- When all the veg is cooked and the barley is tender, remove a couple of ladles of veg and stock then blitz it in a food processor until it's smooth.
- Add this back into the soup and stir. This will thicken it slightly.
- Leave it to cook for another 10-15 minutes. Stir in the chopped parsley and serve
Love this Scotch Broth recipe? Tag us!