Strawberry Mojito Jellies
For the full list of ingredients and comprehensive instructions, please see the recipe card at the end of this post. Before you scroll, there’s important stuff to know in the blurb!
Our Strawberry Mojito Jellies are a delicious, grown-up dessert with all of the classic mojito flavours of mint, rum and lime. They might not taste like it, but they’re low in calories and Points which means that you can feel like you’re treating yourself without any of the guilt!
These Strawberry Mojito Jellies use powdered gelatine to set the liquid, which you can find in the home baking section of your supermarket. If you’re cooking for vegetarian or vegan diets then there are a range of different vegetarian/vegan friendly options out there, including agar-agar. You’ll need to make sure to double check the packet instructions of whichever alternative you choose, as the ratio of setting agent to liquid may vary.
We’ve used white rum in this recipe to give these jellies an adult twist, but if you want to avoid alcohol then you can just omit this ingredient – or if you want your jellies stronger, then add a splash more! You can’t really go wrong with this recipe, whether you choose to add more alcohol or leave it out completely, these jellies will still taste fantastic either way.
What diets are these Strawberry Mojito Jellies suitable for?
These Strawberry Mojito Jellies are suitable for dairy free and gluten free diets.
They can also be made suitable for vegetarian and vegan diets by swapping the following ingredients out for vegetarian or vegan alternatives;
- Powdered gelatine (powdered agar-agar is a great, vegan friendly alternative to gelatine)
- Granulated sweetener (ingredients can vary by brand, so please double check that your chosen sweetener is vegan friendly)
Please make sure to double or triple check all of your ingredients if you’re cooking for people with allergies.
How Weight Watchers friendly is this Strawberry Mojito Jellies recipe?
Weight Watchers’ new PersonalPoints plan calculates each individual’s Points allowance based on their unique food preferences and goals. This means we’re no longer able to offer exact WW points for our recipes.
The good news is that all of our recipes are still Weight Watchers friendly! If you have any questions about your Points budgets or you’re unsure how a certain recipe will fit into your plan, please reach out to Weight Watchers directly.
Do you need any special ingredients to make these Strawberry Mojito Jellies?
You can find gelatine in most supermarkets in the home baking section. One 12g sachet is usually enough to set 570ml (1 pint) of liquid, but do double check the packet instructions to make sure.
Strawberry Mojito Jellies
This grown-up jelly has all of the flavours of a classic mojito and is a great, low calorie way to round off a special meal.
- KCals 48
- Carbs 2.8G
- WW Points:
- 1 Green
- 1 Blue
- 1 Purple
- Rinse the mint and reserve 12 leaves for later.
- Place in a saucepan with 150ml of cold water. Place over a high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes to allow the mint flavour to infuse.
- Strain into a large measuring jug and sprinkle over the powdered gelatine. Whisk until the gelatine has dissolved.
- Dissolve the sweetener in the lime juice, then add to the gelatine along with the white rum. Whisk well.
- Top up with diet lemonade, until you have 570ml (1 pint).
- Divide the strawberries between 4 glasses, and place 2 mint leaves in each.
- Pour the jelly mix evenly into 4 glasses.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, until the jelly has set.
- Decorate with a mint leaf before serving and enjoy.
Love this Strawberry Mojito Jellies recipe? Tag us!