Tropical Rice Pudding
For the full list of ingredients and comprehensive instructions, please see the recipe card below. Before you scroll, there’s important stuff in the blurb!
There’s something super comforting about rice pudding. It’s creamy, sweet and delicious – what more could you ask for? Our Tropical Rice Pudding is all of those things but with a little hint of sunshine thrown in!
We love the combination of coconut and tangy passionfruit in this recipe, but if you’re not a fan then you can add any tropical fruit that you like instead! Mango or pineapple would also work really well.
Any pudding rice will work well in our Tropical Rice Pudding, but we find that Arborio rice cooks quicker and gives a really creamy texture!
What diets is this Tropical Rice Pudding suitable for?
This Tropical Rice Pudding is suitable for dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian and vegan diets.
Please make sure to double or triple check all of your ingredients if you’re cooking for people with allergies.
How Weight Watchers friendly is this Tropical Rice Pudding recipe?
- You need to count 11 Points per portion of this Tropical Rice Pudding recipe if you’re on WW Green.
- You need to count 11 Points per portion of this Tropical Rice Pudding recipe if you’re on WW Blue.
- You need to count 11 Points per portion of this Tropical Rice Pudding recipe if you’re on WW Purple.
Do you need any special ingredients to make this Tropical Rice Pudding?
This post contains affiliate links. Find out what this means.
We use Sukrin 1 which is an all-natural granulated stevia sweetener alternative to sugar with zero calories.
Sukrin 1 doesn’t have that strange aftertaste that a lot of artificial sweeteners do! It also shares the exact same sweetness and weight to sugar – which makes it really easy to substitute in recipes like this Tropical Rice Pudding.
If you’re using a powdered sweetener, then please check how it compares to sugar. In some cases you’ll need to use less, as powdered sweeteners weigh less.
That being said you don’t have to use Sukrin – there are lots of other high quality granulated sweeteners available from the supermarket, such as Canderel Sugarly, and Natvia.
Tropical Rice Pudding
Our slimming friendly Tropical Rice Pudding is the perfect indulgent dessert, whether you're following Weight Watchers or calorie counting!
- KCals 344
- Carbs 73G
- WW Points:
- 11 Green
- 11 Blue
- 11 Purple
- Add the rice and milk to a saucepan on a low heat. Cut the vanilla pod in two and scoop out the seeds, adding them and the pod to the saucepan. Cook for around 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until the rice is tender and creamy.
- Once cooked, stir in the sweetener and the juice and zest of the lime.
- Serve immediately topped with one half of the scooped out passion fruit on top, and one half to garnish.
Love this Tropical Rice Pudding recipe? Tag us!