Unicorn Eton Mess
This Unicorn Eton Mess is a summery, slimming friendly dessert – great for calorie counting and Weight Watchers diet plans!
For the full list of ingredients and comprehensive instructions, please see the recipe card below. Before you scroll, there’s important stuff in the blurb!
Our Unicorn Eton Mess is not only a really tasty slimming friendly dessert, but it’s also guaranteed to bring a smile to your kids’ faces!
Perfect for making in large quantities, this Unicorn Eton Mess is great if you’re entertaining. The secret to the rainbow colours of this dessert is the Macaringues! These Macaringues are so light and crisp that you really will need to make sure that you serve your Unicorn Eton Mess straight away once they’ve been added, as they don’t take long to dissolve in the mixture!
If you’re prepping this recipe ahead, then simply hold off on adding the Macaringues until just before serving.
Not a fan of strawberries? Not to worry as this recipe is super easy to adapt and you can use a different fat free/low fat yoghurt or fruit to change the taste – simple!
What diets is this Unicorn Eton Mess suitable for?
This Unicorn Eton Mess is suitable for gluten free diets.
It can be made suitable for dairy free diets by swapping the following ingredients for dairy free alternatives;
- Fat free Greek yoghurt
Please make sure to double or triple check all of your ingredients if you’re cooking for people with allergies.
How Weight Watchers friendly is this Unicorn Eton Mess recipe?
- You need to count 4 Points per portion of this Unicorn Eton Mess recipe if you’re on WW Green.
- You need to count 4 Points per portion of this Unicorn Eton Mess recipe if you’re on WW Blue.
- You need to count 4 Points per portion of this Unicorn Eton Mess recipe if you’re on WW Purple.
Do you need any special ingredients to make this Unicorn Eton Mess?
This post contains affiliate links. Find out what this means.
You can get the Macaringues from Tesco or Morrisons for about £3. Alternatively you can also find them over on Amazon.
What could I serve with this Unicorn Eton Mess?
This Unicorn Eton Mess is the perfect summer dessert and works really well when served after the following starter, main and accompaniment:
How long can you keep this Unicorn Eton Mess in the fridge?
You can keep leftovers of this Unicorn Eton Mess in a container with a lid in the fridge for approximately 3 days or so.
Can I freeze this Unicorn Eton Mess?
No, we wouldn’t recommend freezing this recipe.
Our NEW cookbook Everyday Light is OUT NOW!
Unicorn Eton Mess
This Unicorn Eton Mess is a summery, slimming friendly dessert - great for calorie counting and Weight Watchers diet plans!
- KCals 147
- Carbs 8G
- 4 Green
- 4 Blue
- 4 Purple
- 500 grams fat free Greek yoghurt
- 400 grams strawberries
- 8 Macaringues
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp granulated sweetener
- 1 whole lemon
We use a fan assisted oven for all of our recipes. Click here for our oven temperature conversion guide.
Please do not screenshot this. Recipes are updated often
- Add the yoghurt and granulated sweetener to a large mixing bowl. Chop the strawberries into bite sized pieces and add to the yoghurt. Mix in the vanilla extract and then add the juice and zest of the lemon.
- Choosing 6 different coloured Macaringues, crush into the yoghurt and fruit mixture and carefully mix - do not over mix as the Macaringes are fragile and will break up easily!
- Serve immediately in individual dishes - crush the remaining Macaringues on top and garnish with a whole strawberry.
LOOKING FOR SLIMMING WORLD SYNS?
We agreed with Slimming World to remove their trademarked terms from our websiteFind out why here
Love this Unicorn Eton Mess recipe? Tag us!