Vegetarian Scotch Eggs
For the full list of ingredients and comprehensive instructions, please see the recipe card at the end of this post. Before you scroll, there’s important stuff to know in the blurb!
They’re a great twist on the traditional pork based recipe, plus some brands of vegetarian sausages are so tasty, people might not even believe this is a vegetarian recipe.
Inspired by our popular Scotch Eggs recipe, these Vegetarian Scotch Eggs were suggested by Sami P, from our group, so we just followed the recipe that she uses. We think you’ll agree that they’re yummy!
Vegetarian Scotch Eggs aren’t usually the first food item you think of when slimming, but with our creative use of ingredients, we’re sure these will be a hit, wherever you serve them.
What diets are these Vegetarian Scotch Eggs suitable for?
As the name suggests, these Vegetarian Scotch Eggs are suitable for vegetarian diets!
Please make sure to double or triple check all of your ingredients if you’re cooking for people with allergies.
How Weight Watchers friendly is this Vegetarian Scotch Eggs recipe?
Weight Watchers’ new PersonalPoints plan calculates each individual’s Points allowance based on their unique food preferences and goals. This means we’re no longer able to offer exact WW points for our recipes.
The good news is that all of our recipes are still Weight Watchers friendly! If you have any questions about your Points budgets or you’re unsure how a certain recipe will fit into your plan, please reach out to Weight Watchers directly.
Do you need any special ingredients to make these Vegetarian Scotch Eggs?
This post contains affiliate links. Find out what this means.
This Vegetarian Scotch Eggs recipe does not require any special ingredients, however, we do recommend a good baking tray is always useful for so many recipes, including the one below!
Vegetarian Scotch Eggs
Our Vegetarian Scotch Eggs work so well for slimming-friendly lunches and picnics whether you’re calorie counting or following a plan like Weight Watchers!
- KCals 226
- Carbs 0.5G
- WW Points:
- 8 Green
- 5 Blue
- 5 Purple
- Using a large spoon, lower the eggs into a pan of boiling water. Bring the water back up to the boil then lower the heat so the water is simmering.
- After 10 minutes, remove from the heat, drain off the water and run the eggs under the cold tap until they are cool.
- Take the defrosted sausages and mash them together in a bowl.
- Mix the sausage meat so it forms into a large ball.
- Split this into 2 equal halves.
- Peel the eggs, then take one half of the sausage meat and mould it around the boiled egg.
- Dip each egg into the beaten egg, then quickly roll it in the Smash. You only need a thin coating of Smash.
- Place each coated egg onto a baking tray and spray with low calorie cooking spray.
- Cook at 190°C for 15-20 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- Remove from the oven then serve either slightly warm or chilled.
Love this Vegetarian Scotch Eggs recipe? Tag us!