Store Cupboard Recipes from Our Website
Many shops are currently running low on certain food items and we’ve had a few requests over on our Facebook Group to put together a list of our dishes from our website that can be made using only store cupboard ingredients.
We’ve broken down this list into a few different sections in order to make sure that we’re giving you the best support possible during this uncertain time!
First up is a list of our recipes that include store cupboard ingredients only
Now, we’ve defined this as being things like tinned foods, herbs and spices and rice/pasta – pretty standard!
However, we’ve also included fruit and vegetables in this category (fresh or frozen!), as many shops and independent grocers still seem to have good stock levels of these items.
Remember that things like potatoes, onions and garlic can last for months if stored correctly!
Our second category includes dishes that require eggs, cheese or reduced fat spread.
You probably have these in your fridge already, but we’ve created a separate section for these recipes just in case you’re struggling to find these ingredients.
Again, you may find that your independent butchers, grocers or local farms have these if you can’t get them from the supermarket!
Finally, we’ve included a list of recipes that can either be modified to fit into the first three categories, or use cured meats like bacon or ham.
These typically have a longer life than other meats and if you can’t find them in the supermarket then it’s definitely worth checking with your local butchers or farms.
Store cupboard ingredients only (including fruit and veg).
- Vegan Chilli
- Spaghetti Alla Puttanesca
- Ratatouille’s Ratatouille
- Salt and Pepper Tofu
- Marmite Pasta
- Indian Fried Rice
- Falafel Burgers
- Vegetable Tarts
- Butternut Squash Risotto
- Bovril Spaghetti
- Vegetable Stew with Orzo
- Lentil Curry
- Garlic Mushroom Risotto
- Mexican Potatoes
- Marmite Sprouts
- Savoury Rice
- Sweet Potato Pakoras
- Paprika Chilli Chickpeas
- Roast Potatoes
- Fondant Potatoes
- Patatas Bravas
- Chunky Chips
- Chipotle Hasselback Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Fries
- Rustic Potato Wedges
- Nandos Spicy Rice
- Grilled/BBQ Courgettes
- Mexican Rice
- Mexican Slaw
- Beetroot and Mint Hummus
- Honey Glazed Roast Parsnips
- Buttery Carrot and Swede Mash
- Saag Aloo
- Homemade Oven Chips
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Salt and Pepper Chips
- Onion and Chive Potato Waffles
Salads and soups recipes:
- French Onion Soup
- Curried Parsnip Soup
- Tomato and Basil Soup
- Carrot and Coriander Soup
- Roasted Garlic and Beetroot Soup
- Carrot and Butter Bean Soup
- Orzo Primavera Pasta Salad
- Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup
- Lemongrass and Ginger Rice Noodle Soup
- Spiralized Apple and Beetroot Salad
- Curried Parsnip and Apple Soup
- Curried Butternut Squash Soup
- Minestrone Soup
- Butter Bean Salad
- Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Soup
- Speedy Tomato Soup
- Edamame and Carrot Asian Salad
Store cupboard ingredients plus eggs, cheese and/or reduced fat spread.
- Corned Beef Pasties (requires eggs)
- Cheese and Onion Pasties (requires eggs and cheese)
- Halloumi Couscous Burgers with Salsa (requires eggs and halloumi)
- Corned Beef Hash (requires eggs)
- Courgette and Butter Bean Frittata (requires cheese)
- Caprese Pasta (requires cheese)
- Hash Brown Pizza (requires cheese)
- Garlic and Chilli Pasta (requires cheese)
- Rigatoni Pizza Pie (requires cheese)
- Onion Bhajis (requires eggs)
- Sweet Potato and Carrot Rostis (requires eggs)
- Potato, Cheese and Onion Waffles (requires cheese)
- Potato Twisters (requires cheese)
- Panko Onion Rings (requires eggs)
- Lighter Yorkshire Puddings (requires eggs)
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake (requires eggs and spread)
- Chocolate Lava Mug Cakes (requires eggs and spread)
- Chocolate Rice Crispy Bites (requires spread)
- Apple and Blackberry Crumble (requires spread)
- Apple Crumble (requires spread)
- White Chocolate Blondies (requires eggs and spread)
- Chocolate Brownies (requires eggs and spread)
- Cinnamon Drizzle Squares (requires eggs and spread)
- Chocolate Beetroot Muffins (requires eggs)
- Chocolate and Orange Biscuits (requires eggs and spread)
- Banana Bread Pudding (requires eggs)
- Lemon Drizzle Cake (requires eggs)
- Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips (requires eggs)
- Orange and Pistachio Cardamom Drizzle Cake (requires eggs)
- Gingerbread Bites (requires eggs and spread)
- Double Choc Chip Cookies (requires eggs and spread)
- Jaffa Cakes (requires eggs)
- Raffa Cakes (requires eggs)
- Coconut Macaroons (requires eggs)
- Churros (requires eggs and spread)
- Apple Turnovers (requires eggs)
- Apple Strudels (requires eggs)
- Coconut and Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies (requires eggs)
- Bounty Cake (requires eggs and spread)
- Chocolate Beetroot Cake (requires eggs)
- Orange and Almond Cake (requires eggs)
Store cupboard ingredients plus eggs, cheese, reduced fat spread and/or cured meats OR able to be modified to fit these conditions.
- Chicken Fajita Pasta (add or omit chicken)
- Bolognese Risotto (add or omit mince)
- Campfire Stew (add gammon joint)
- Prawn and Asparagus Risotto (add or omit prawns)
- Vegetarian Sweet and Sour (add or omit chicken/Quorn pieces)
- Mushy Pea Curry (add or omit chicken)
- Bacon, Onion and Potato Bake (add cheese and bacon)
- Baked Bean Bolognese (add or omit mince)
- Ham and Bean Casserole (add gammon joint)
- Spicy Tomato, Chicken and Asparagus Risotto (add cheese and add/omit chicken)
- Tomato, Bacon, Sausage and Mushroom Risotto (add bacon and add/omit sausages)
- Pea and Bacon Potato Salad (add bacon)
- Pea, Pickle and Bacon Salad (add bacon)
- Brussel Sprouts with Bacon (add bacon)
- Bacon, Spring Onion and Kale Hash (add bacon)
- Sprout Tops with Bacon and Onion (add bacon)
- Pea and Ham Soup (add gammon joint)
- Ham, Leek and Potato Soup (add gammon joint)
- Chunky Tomato Cajun Soup (add bacon and add or omit sausages)
- Smoky Ham and Pasta Soup (add gammon steak)
We really hope that you find this list a useful resource in order to support you and your family during these uncertain times.
Please be sure that you’re staying safe and well and know that we’re in this together alongside you.
If there’s anything else that you think we can do in order to make things a little easier, then please do let us know over on our Facebook Group and we’ll try our best to help.
Our Facebook Group is also fantastic if you’re looking for some extra ideas and support.